As stated before I am not the inventor of this box- we just put our own twist on things.
Materials: The Box portion has been edited
2 Rectangle Coasters,Patterned Paper of choice, coordinating Ribbon, Cardstock, Embellishment, Adhesive, Stampin Up Exclusive Top note die, Stampin UP! Exclusive Butterfly die, Cuttlebug or Big Shot.
1) Adhere adhesive to one side of your coaster- I run them through my Xyron 900, 2 coasters at a time OR I use my ATG.
2. Apply your patterned paper wrong side down on one of the coasters, trim and cut out your top note die. Do the same to your second coaster- Optional: I also like to adhere patterned paper to the back side as well which gives your project a nice finished look.
NOTE~ You don’t need to use these larger coasters – you may use chipboard if you choose or cannot find the larger coasters- I prefer them as they are thicker and more pliable plus the edge has a cleaner look.
3. Attach your ribbon if desired.
4. Box- With coordinating cardstock cut one piece 4 1/2 x 5 1/2 and the second piece cut between 4 7/16 and 4 1/4 and 5 7/16 and 5 1/4- you may want to play around at this point to assure a good fit. Score in one inch on all 4 sides. With the long side facing you, cut up on the outer vertical score lines up till it meets the horizontal score line. Do this on both long sides. I like to make a half circle notch in the very middle of each long side (only on the top part of the box) as finger holes to help ease the box apart.These measurements allow for a nice tight fit.
5. To put the box together, apply adhesive to the top and attach the top- top note piece and repeat with the bottom
6. Attach your embellishment- In this case I used the Stampin Up! Sizzix exclusive Butterfly die, ( I adore this die!) and added some rhinestones.
Any questions please feel free to ask.